- If your hall is 10 feet or longer, you need at least one outlet, anywhere in the hall.
One wall switch controlled light.
- Your choice of light and switch location.
In my example:
- If your hall leads into a bedroom(s), you need a smoke detector.
Lights outside entry
- You need a light outside every entrance/exit door with a switch close to the door.
- Most people want a doorbell. Pick a location for the chime where it can be heard throughout the house.
- Add as many as you'd like.
- How many and what kind is up to you here!
Switch the lights from all the doorways.
- Add an extra switch by all of the doorways so you can turn your hall lights on or off from there also.