- Any wall 24" or longer requires an outlet. Within 6' of the start of a wall (at a doorway or the beginning of the wall, and the non-sliding portion of a sliding glass door and the entire window counts as wall space), then not more than 12' between them. The outlets and lights in this room do require AFCI protection.
One wall switch controlled light or outlet.
- Your choice of light and switch location.
- You need a smoke detector in every bedroom, as well as on each floor of the house, close to the bedrooms.
In my example:
- Add as many as you'd like.
- In a small closet like this, the only legal light would be a small wall-mount fluorescent on the wall over the door.
Ceiling Paddle Fan.
- Just make sure you use the proper box!
Watch the Video
Rooms and Areas
Tools and Information
Check This out!