Required to be Dedicated
Anytime you have something, whether plugged-in or hard-wired, that
has a dedicated space and will take more than 50% of the circuit
capacity, you need a dedicated circuit for it. Here are a few common
- Freezer. Give this a 20 amp
- Central Vac. System. Usually a
20 amp circuit.
- Microwave. Usually a 20 amp circuit.
- Disposal. Usually a 15 amp circuit.
- Dishwasher. Usually a 15 amp circuit.
- Iron. Usually a 20 amp circuit.
- Security. Usually not large enough to require a dedicated circuit, but a good idea.